Tuesday 23 July 2013

Basingstoke Half Marathon: Training Post #1

Finally got my bottom into gear and entered the Basingstoke Half Marathon; Maxx is doing it with me, yaaaaay. Even though he hates running?
 
On Sunday we began our training in full force. Well, we went for a three-mile run:
 
10 minutes running
5 minutes walk
10 minutes running
5 minutes walk
and finally 5 minutes running to finish, with a short sprint. Which Maxx obviously won. Not that it's a competition...
 
 
As of Sunday 21st, we have 77 days (11 weeks) to prepare. Having run it last year, I know we have a lot of work to do, especially getting fit for running up Cliddesden hill! But, I am looking forward to getting out again and running for longer distances.
 
Last year I ran for Wimbledon Greyhound Welfare, which was excellent motivation, however this year I have a slightly different (and much more superficial!) approach: having run a half marathon and a few shorter races, people describe one of my activities as running. And, after the New Forest Festival of Running, my dad bought me two lovely t-shirts: I <3 Running, and Keep Calm and Go For A Run. But I feel like a fraud wearing them! However, now I'm training again, I can start wearing them with pride.  
 
I will upload our "before" photos once I'm home.
 
xxx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment