Wednesday 12 February 2014

The Alphabet Travel Game

Having a week off between teaching and my next internship (so excited - editorial and rights!) means I have lots of time to ride and gym and generally be outdoors. This also means I get to experience the weather in all its glory - yesterday, Ernest and I were lucky as it was sunny and pleasant. I only had four layers on top, not five! Today, who knows. It's very grey outside.

Coupled with the dismal weather and the stresses of job hunting, my mind has been wandering. I have a list of things I will do once I'm employed, from trivial things, such as getting a monthly beauty treatment of some sort, to the much more important saving for a mortgage, but one of the most common daydreams of mine is where I would like to travel to next. I've already visited quite a few places, such as Rome last year, but there are dozens more places I would love to visit.

When deciding where we would like to go on holiday last year, I invented (I say invented, but I'm sure someone will have done this before) this little game to see where Maxx and I would both like to visit, and to see how many of the places were the same. Then, as the years draw on, we can cross off where we've been.
  • You need a piece of paper, with A - Z written in a column, and possibly a list of all the countries in the world.
  • Write down a country you would like to visit next to each letter. You can only choose one!
  • If you have a partner, ask them to do the same on the other side.
  • Compare afterwards. If you don't have a partner, it doesn't matter, you can do this with whoever you normally go on holiday with!

Here's my list (in bold are my top 5 places):

Austria 
Belgium
China
Denmark
Egypt
Fiji
Germany (I've only been there for one day, so that doesn't count. Same for Greece)
Hungary
Ireland
Japan
Korea (South - to see my lovely ex-students! They can be the teacher this time)
Luxembourg
Morocco (this was extremely hard to decide)
New Zealand
O... (there's actually only one option and that's Oman - not sure if I'd want to visit this area right now)
Portugal
Q... (same as Oman)
Russia
Sweden
Thailand
Uruguay
Vietnam
W... (no places begin with W)
X... (as above)
Y... (same as Oman)
Z... (two options here, but not sure I'd want to visit these countries right now)

Where would you like to visit? Have you been to any of the places listed above? If so, would you recommend going there?

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Have been to Belgium, Germany, Egypt, Denmark, Ireland and Portugal. All very nice but for us picky eaters.. challenging except Ireland. Lol. Portugal very nice and Egypt people lovely. I would like to go to the Maldives and bora bora. ... I have a friend who lives in Fiji who you could hook up with x

    ReplyDelete