Thursday 24 January 2013

Jillian Michaels' 30-day shred

This week, my housemates and I decided to start a serious fitness regime. Sunday evening we trialled the 30-day shred and Monday morning we took our measurements. We also chose an event in the future that we're looking forward to, and calculated how many days we had to reach this aim.
 
Mine is to be 18% body fat by July 3rd, when I'm going to a wedding in France (which are the most fun EVER). I have something like 150 days.
 
I've heard many a great thing about the 30-day shred, and I have to say it's a good everyday workout. There are 3 circuits, including a combined exercise (legs and arms), a cardio section and an abs section; each circuit uses different exercises and there are two levels of each exercise, one for beginners and another for more advanced exercisers. There are also 3 levels, so you do one level every 10 days.
 
I would recommend it, as we've found it is very easy to fit a 30-minute workout into your day. Working out with friends also means you don't want to let the team down, even if you are feeling tired or lazy, and working out together has been very fun. It does require some form of weight, either an actual dumbell or two filled water bottles - you get the idea.
 
The only thing I would say is that I've found working out to the same DVD a little boring, so to counter this we did one day of abs instead. I have enjoyed working out everyday since Sunday, the exception being today, and some of the exercises I find very challenging even though I've done weights workouts for a while now.
 
Also, Jillian Michaels is not annoying. You know what you usually expect, beautifully made-up women in ridiculously impractical workout attire. Think the Eric Prydz video for 'Call on me'. Thankfully, Jillian is there to work your a$$, and at the end you feel like you've done a really hard workout.
 
I'll post again once we reach level 2.
 
xxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. I've just bought this DVD, expecting it to come on monday!

    ReplyDelete