Sunday 6 April 2014

R.I.P: Lucky Silver Dollar, Dawn of Time - 5th April 2014

Just a brief post to say that my beautiful first pony, who I mentioned in my last Pony Tales, was sadly put down yesterday. She was 43 years old and had had a wonderful life. 

Posts might be a little sporadic over the next couple of weeks as I cry and laugh simultaneously about Lucky and the many things we got up to, from riding twice a day in summer to her opening Mum's rucksack and eating cookies out of it to her galloping me round a showjumping course.

I can't believe she's gone, and when I went up to say goodbye I felt like someone had punched me in the chest. As I know from losing three greyhounds to cancer, the only way to get through this is to think about the good times and celebrate Lucky's life. Because it truly was a remarkable one.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment