Tuesday 16 October 2012

Clean Eating: Day Two

I didn't mention yesterday, but my housemate and I are both attempting clean eating together. The goal is to last until Sunday, when we can have a treat, then another week, treat on Sunday, etc. This may prove difficult as I'm going to America on the 24th, but I'm feeling good so far bar the same-old post-dinner sweet craving.
 
It's nice to have someone to try this with, as we both haven't tried this before and are constantly asking: is this clean? It's definately raising our awareness as to how many things we eat have additives. At the same time, neither of us have been stuck for choices, and so far I would describe our meals as bangin'.
 
Today, we tried a clean-eating recipe for breakfast: Martha Stewart's breakfast quinoa. It looked like gruel once cooked and was a bit time-consuming, but I definately thought it was worth it. The calories weren't low, but my personal view is that I don't mind a higher calorie meal for breakfast, and the calories weren't made up of sugar or saturated fat (sat fat). We flavoured with cinammon and a tiny pinch of brown sugar. I'd recommend as it was something completely different and quinoa is a highly undervalued protein source.
Click on the link for the recipe:
 
Here is an outline of the day:
Breakfast:
Breakfast quinoa
200ml orange juice
1 cup of tea (soya milk, always)
 
Lunch:
Mushroom and tomato omelette with a sprinkle of cheese (is cheese clean?? I shall investigate)
1 nakd bar
 
Dinner:
Quorn spaghetti bolognaise (partly made with ragu sauce - not clean, however it needed using up and I recognised everything on the label) with another sprinkling of cheese
1 cup of tea
 
Somewhere in there were another 2 or 3 more cups of tea - it was dissertation study day - and 1.5 litres of water. Overall, I think my total calorie intake was around 1900 calories. Exercise-wise, I was largely sat down today, however I schooled my valiant steed for 45 minutes in the afternoon, the first time in two weeks.
 
So, here's something that has come to my attention. Veronique Morin is on the cover of Oxygen magazine this month - super big yay. She's HOT, and not just because I do love a good ginger. If you haven't a clue what I'm talking about, either Google her or, even better, visit http://oxygenmag.com/. I think it's the best women's fitness magazine out there, and although you can only buy 'hard copies' (as it were) in America and Canada, digital editions are also sold, as are back copies. I picked up the October edition when I was in Canada in September, so I will definately pick up November's when I'm in America!
 
Pip xxx
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment